Professional Massage Therapy FAQ
MASSAGE PROGRAM Q & A
- What is the start date for your class?
We are aiming to begin our program in January 2023. Please note that the school reserves the right to postpone the start date.
- How much is the program?
The total cost of the program is $14,000. It includes the cost of tuition, books & supplies, and a registration fee of $200. Students who enroll in our inaugural class will receive an introductory rate of $12,000.
- What is the schedule?
WTHF 5:00pm – 9:00pm. However, some of the curriculum is completed distantly. You will be off-campus doing self-paced distance learning utilizing CIMA, our online learning platform that contains your textbook and assignments.
- How long is the program?
700 clock hours, which is the minimum number of hours required for licensing in AZ.
- How long does it take to finish the program?
Our PT class lasts approximately 45 weeks. Once we move to our new location, we will be able to start offering a FT class that lasts approximately 6 months.
- Where is your school located?
Our main campus is located at 2850 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716 (between N Tucson Blvd and N Country Club Rd). We plan to move our Massage program to the new location sometime in the early 2023. The new campus will be located at 4940 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85712 (between N Swan Rd and N Rosemont Blvd).
- Where can I find your catalog?
The catalog for the PMT program is available on the school website.
- Do you offer Financial Aid?
Yes, we do. The U.S. Dept. of Education provides aid in the form of grants and federal student loans to those who qualify. However, since the Professional Massage Therapy program is less than 900 clock hours, the amount of aid is prorated and will not fully cover the full cost of the program. Students who qualify for the maximum federal aid eligibility should expect to secure necessary funds to cover the remaining tuition balance. Payment plans may be available.
- Are there any scholarships or grants available?
Pima County One-Stop provides grants to the individuals who would like to receive vocational training at a postsecondary institution and who meet eligibility and other requirements. You are encouraged to apply at one of the Pima County One-Stop Career Centers. For locations and additional info, please visit its website.
- What are the requirements for admission?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply and must provide government-issued photo identification with proof of age. *
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED to be accepted for enrollment.**
- Applicants must pay a $200 registration fee
- Applicants must complete Application for Admission
- Applicants must complete an Arizona Statement of Citizenship or provide Alien Status for State Public Benefits
- Applicants must provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National status, or Alien status
- Applicants must provide Social Security card
- Applicants must complete and sign Enrollment Contract
*If an applicant is under 18 years old at the time of enrollment, a parent / guardian’s signature is required. An enrollee must turn 18 years old before the start of class.
**If your proof of education is from an institution located outside the United States, you must submit an official translation and evaluation to determine the credential awarded is the U.S. equivalency. This evaluation must be completed by an organization accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). You are responsible to pay whatever fees may be associated with this service.
For Title IV purposes, Pure Aesthetics Natural Skincare School does not accept Ability-to-Benefit students.
- Are the classes taught at school or online?
Classes are taught on-campus. However, some of the curriculum is completed distantly. You’ll be off-campus doing self-paced distance learning utilizing CIMA, our online learning platform that contains your textbook and assignments.
- What are the MT license requirements in AZ?
The Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy does not require written nor practical examination to grant a Massage Therapist license. Upon graduating from a Board-recognized massage school with a minimum of 700 hours, applicants must submit:
- Completed and signed license application.
- Payment of $217.00 for licensure (Submitted by Pure Aesthetics).
- A full set of fingerprints on a standard FD-258 fingerprint card for the purpose of obtaining a federal and state criminal records check.
- One passport quality photograph of the applicant’s head and shoulders no larger than 2 1/2 by 3 inches taken no more than 60 days before the date of the application.
- A legible copy (front and back) of a document from the Evidence of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National Status, or Alien Status list.
- How does the school protect students against Covid-19?
We follow the most recent CDC and Pima County Health Department guidelines. We use all available precautions to limit any potential Covid-19 exposure. We also require students and staff to follow specific procedures in case of exposure. Currently, wearing masks is optional but encouraged.
- Can I apply my VA benefits for the massage program?
Although other programs offered at Pure Aesthetics are approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the massage program has yet to be approved. We anticipate receiving an approval sometime in the early 2023.
- How do I apply/enroll?
You may fill out an Admission Application online. Please contact our Admission Advisor to set up your appointment for a tour of the school by calling (520) 514-7873. You may also fill out an Admission Application at the time of your appointment.